Process Manufacturing Support
- In R12 you don’t need separate Shipping module for Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM). Standard Shipping Execution module will support process and discrete manufacturing
Deliveries(Shipments) without sales orders:
- Deliveries can be created without a Sales Order using XML gateway (EDI 940 IN). This will help to facilitate any miscellaneous shipping activities that is not tied to sales order.
Pick Release changes
- Additional functionality to support cross-docking is provided through pick release form. Parallel pick release functionality enhanced to support multi-threading.
Revenue Recognition Deferment
- Revenue recognition can be deferred beyond ship confirm. This is a great feature of businesses that would to recognize revenue after customer acceptance or installation or on a future date.
XML ready documents
- Many out of the box XML reports were added that can be flexibly modified to meet business requirements.
- Shipping transactions can be purged now, this will reduce the database table size and improves the performance.
Workflow enabled Shipping Transactions
- Many workflow business events are available out of the box to send notifications users based on business rules